Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy 1 Month Birthday Baby Hank!




It is hard to believe that Hank is already 1 month old-people really aren't lying when they say "they grow up so fast!". We are slowly establishing a routine at home-I'm anxiously waiting for that first true smile at me! Hank is a very alert baby, and is awake a good part of the day which surprised me because everyone told me he would just sleep through the first few months-not my boy! If there are people around or something going on, he wants to be a part of it.

Of course the therapist in me is always on the look out for the next developmental milestone! He has just started really looking at me in the eyes and focusing on objects. He has started visually tracking objects. He is very strong and loves to "stand up" on our laps, and already has amazing head control. He will push up on his hands and can hold his head up turning it from side to side. He is also rolling from side to side. And best of all, he's just started making "oos" and "ahhs" making his speech therapist mama proud. It is amazing how much he has changed in just 4 short weeks.


So in honor of his first month of life, I'll give a run-down of his current likes/dislikes:

Likes:
1. Eating!
2. Being carried in his sling on mommy while I do housework (or just being carried by mommy in general)
3. Looking out the window next to his changing table at the leaves and trees.
4. Listening to mom sing songs-our current favorites (or at least what will keep him from fussing) Wheels on the Bus, Do-Re-Mi, My Favorite Things, Itsy Bitsy Spider
5. Looking in the mirror at himself
6. Walks in his stroller (they put him right to sleep)
7. After 2 weeks of screaming during bathtime, he now only cries when I take him out of the tub!!
8. The sound of the hair dryer-puts him to sleep in no time!
9. Practicing holding his head up-he's really strong already!
10. Stretching. He will stretch for a good 10 minutes everytime he wakes up.

Dislikes:
1. Being left in his bouncy seat too long! He will let you know when he's had enough
2. The hiccups (unfortunately he has them all the time)
3. When he is not the center of attention
4. Waking up-he has a hard time waking up and is grouchiest after a long nap!
5. His pacifier-sometimes he's a fan, but not typically. Although, I've caught him with his thumb in his mouth a few times this week

We go to the doctor next week for his 1 month check-up! I can't wait to see how much he's grown, I know my arms and back are killing me from carrying this pudgy boy around all day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers