Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

This month Johnny and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! People are often surprised to hear that we've already been married 5 years, but even more surprising is that this year marks 10 years since we met and started dating! We met 3 weeks into our freshman year at the University of Georgia in the dorms through mutual friends. I get asked all the time if I knew that Johnny was "the one" when I met him. My response is always the same "are you crazy???"!! We were only 18 years old, and never in my wildest imagination would I have guessed that a decade later we'd be married complete with a mortgage and a child. Would I have done it any other way? not a chance..I love that we've grown up together. We're amazing friends, and I hardly remember my life pre-Johnny!

We've come so so far....It all started in Athens when our days were filled with football, parties, friends, camping, and of course classes :)

Then came graduation....
Engagement....

and of course marriage...
Followed by lots of traveling and adventures all across the country...

A few years later came homeownership-another adventure for sure! And now the biggest and best adventure yet-parenthood and family.
Both of us agree that becoming parents to sweet Hank is the greatest (and the most challenging) journey we've been on yet. It just gets better and better everyday.

Happy 5 year anniversary to us! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers