Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Christmas

Whew...we survived Christmas, and I am so glad to have all decorations down, toys organized, and our normal routine back.  We did have a really nice holiday-the first Christmas we've ever spent in our own home and let me tell you it was sooo much easier to not have to travel all over with an over-tired, over-gifted 2 year old (not to mention an over-tired 7 month pregnant mama).  I hosted both sets of grandparents for Christmas dinner-a standing rib roast, my first!   Hank was so excited about Santa coming to "bring train presents"-The year could be summed up as "the year of the train".  Hank added about 150 pieces of track and about 20 train cars to the current railroad-talk about major expansion!  I now have a huge railroad set up in my living room everyday and step on no less than 5 "steamies" a day.  There are days now that I realize I've talked more about trains and what type of freight they have than anything else.  Johnny was off for almost 2 weeks, and I had about a week off from work so it was really nice to have lots of time at home together.  We stayed very busy though, painting and organizing both Hank and BabyGirl's room (I'll save a whole other post for that one-especially the big boy bed transition), working on the investment property which is just about ready for renters, attending preschool orientation sessions for next fall, and working with the city to get permitted for our screen porch addition to the house.   Never a dull moment in our house....

We rang in the new year asleep as usual, I lasted through about 20 minutes of the Ryan Seacrest rockin new year before I realized that there was no good reason to stay up until midnight (maybe it was all the sparkling grape juice).  I always love the start of a new year though-a fresh start, a time to get clean and organized in my house!  Only 10 weeks until BabyGirl arrives--time for some nesting, my favorite!











While it was fun....so glad I have a whole year before I have to tackle the holidays again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers