Saturday, August 15, 2009

Welcome to my nest



In the past few weeks I have noticed a huge increase in nesting activities. I've been out at garage sales and clearance racks collecting books, toys, nursery decor, blankets, burp cloths, and adorable tiny clothing. It feels like a throwback to my doll-playing days as I fold up tiny little t-shirts, socks, and onesies. Because my nest is being built as we speak, I'm having to organize around my nest (which is getting increasingly difficult as I am running out of room). But have no fear! Hubby is underneath the house at this moment blowtorching in the middle of a rainstorm! The pressure is officially on.
Things have pretty much become all about the baby in our lives now. We have started our weekly childbirth classes, which feel straight out of a movie. The kind of
wacky lamaze instructor who guides all the eager first time couples through the birthing process using all sorts of diagrams and models of the female anatomy. Our class is even complete with the token class clown husband who snickers and makes a joke everytime she mentions the vagina or cervix. (I'm just glad this is not my husband)

We did our pregnancy pictures today with a wonderful photographer referred to us by our friend Jasmine. Next weekend is our couple's shower, we are so excited to have everyone over to our house for the first time. I will post pictures as soon as we get them!

I can't wait to put these on my little one!

29 weeks! I just keep getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers