Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yes, I am still pregnant


Everyday I walk into work and I am greeted with a chorus of "you're still here!". There isn't anywhere I can go at this point where I can get away from talking about how enormous my belly has become. One of my favorite little ones at work said to me today, "WOW Miss Kim your belly is huge, it looks like you've been eating too many hamburgers!" My enormity doesn't even get past the 3 year olds anymore.

Everyone keeps asking when I am going to stop working, and honestly I plan to work as long as I can. Right now I'm scheduled to go out next Thursday, and I think all of my co-workers will breathe a sigh of relief that they will not be responsible for getting me to the hospital. I still feel surprisingly good, very tired, but that's about it. I'm more excited than anything-like a kid on Christmas Eve. I cannot wait to meet the baby and find out boy or girl! Talk about the best surprise ever! Johnny informed me tonight that my official due date, November 2nd, happens to be the full moon. Maybe just like his or her mama, baby will be right on time! I go tomorrow for my weekly check-up at the doctor-hopefully I'll get some news that things are moving along!

The nursery has finally become a nursery. The hardwoods went in this weekend, the curtains up, and the furniture is in the process of being moved in. All that is left in the nursery is the trim work that Johnny is sanding and painting right now! It has all come together perfectly, and I couldn't be any happier with the room!

38 weeks pregnant, just when you think you can't get any bigger...

The floors in progress....
Ta-da! We have walls, floors, and curtains (Thank you Grandma Kathy for the handmade valances!)

Johnny is in charge of communications once this show gets on the road...so hopefully you'll be hearing from him sooner rather than later!!


2 comments:

  1. You look great! Sam asked, just last night, if you had your baby yet!

    Get all the rest you can now because once the baby is here, sleep will be a rare thing!

    - jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! Wish we could be there to see all the renovations and meet the new little one ;) We will be in ATL on Jan 6,7,8 so hopefully we can do it all then :)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers