Friday, May 18, 2012

Lucy Jane 2 months old

Lucy had her two month check up this week, and continues to be a perfect, healthy, little peanut.  After working for years in the children's hospital and working everyday with children who have terrible, rare, and life threatening diseases, the fact that I have been lucky enough to have two healthy and thriving children is not lost on me.  I wake up everyday so grateful for my beautiful healthy children.

Unfortunately, the two month check up also marks the beginning of the vaccine schedule; although I do get a feeling of relief knowing that I'm doing something good to protect my child from so many terrible diseases (yes I'm pro vax in a huge way, something else my time in healthcare has taught me).  This certainly doesn't make it any easier when you have to pin your sweet baby on the table as they look into your eyes screaming with the 'what are you letting them do to me, mommy" look.

At two months, our Lulu continues to be the absolute sweetest baby I've ever met (and I've worked with a lot!).  She is so happy and content 99.9% of the time.  She loves so snuggle on your chest, and now she will lift her head up and look at you with her huge eyes and coo at you.  She is one chatty little lady!  She coos and goos at me all the time, and seems to really like hearing herself chatter.  I think she hears her brother talking all day long and is just trying to keep up! She's really getting good at smiling at me and has the most adorable dimple on her cheek.  She still doesn't really cry-she grunts when she's hungry and will yell if she takes a train to the head (which happens quite often).  She understands that little sisters have to toughen up quick!  She certainly has not lost any hair, and it continues to get longer and longer-I can't wait for ponytails.  Lucy continues to sleep well, she's up once a night and sleeps in about two 6 hour stretches which she's been doing since about 2 weeks old.

Height 23 inches 58th percentile
Weight 10 lbs 1 oz 15th percentile
Head 15 inches 52nd percentile

Likes:

  • snuggling
  • talking to anyone who will listen
  • practicing her "kicking" 
  • her pacifier
  • tummy time
  • looking at herself in the mirror
  • listening to mommy sing to her (I have a playlist that I sang to Hank and her--mostly Sound of Music Tunes)
  • "standing" on someone's lap
Dislikes: there really isn't much that upsets this one
  • Being left in her bouncy chair too long
  • kicks in the head from her brother
  • when mommy is trying to work instead of snuggling
What beautiful children I have!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers