Friday, May 11, 2012

Sweet Smiles

I've told hundreds of parents that developmental "norms" are merely suggested timeframes, and reassured them all that every child is different; however with my own children I am unable to understand this idea.  My sweet little girl kept me waiting 9 long weeks for those first real smiles. Deep down I clearly knew that no  person goes through life never having smiled, and that she would do it when she was good and ready.  In the meantime she has been cooing and gooing at me like crazy which was something that Hank never did  (which of course had me worried with him) and his language is off the charts now--so much for developmental milestones!  I swear the "norms" are created merely to stress out parents.  Either way I'm thrilled to have my little girl show off that gummy grin!  Enjoy--she gets her good looks from her mama :)

P.S. Getting these first smiles with a camera is almost impossible.  Babies smile at faces, not large pieces of electronic equipment.  As soon as that camera pops up, the smile goes away!  


Look at that dimple! and that double chin!  No more tiny preemie baby here

Giggles for mommy!

There it is!  It is so easy to fall in love with this sweet little girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers