Sunday, March 2, 2014

Junie Bug 5/6 Months

I know, I know....I fell off the blog wagon again.  To say our life is hectic would be the understatement of the century, but we'll save all that for another day.  Now we focus on my precious Junie who in standard 3rd child form is getting her 5th and 6th month all wrapped into one post.  June is my happy, giggly, roly poly dark hair and eyed baby.  She is almost always smiling, and giggles at the drop of a hat-likely due to the number of adoring faces always around.  She will grab my face and start chattering to me like she has something very important to tell me, and then will blow raspberries in my face and think it's hilarious.  She's just about to the point of sitting up well enough that we can leave her unsupported and trust that she's not going to plop over. Sitting is my favorite milestone, babes seem so much happier in the upright position, AND I find that it drastically reduces the amount of baby toting I have to do (and I do plenty).  June loves her jump up and her exersaucer, and will happily hang out in her baby contraptions- especially if big bro or big sis is playing with her.

We have just started on foods, and I always start out with the standard firsts-sweet potatoes, bananas etc, but have found after about a month it's just easier if they eat regular people food. No surprise, we haven't fed her anything she didn't like.  Sleep? what's that?  June went from my best sleeper to the worst in recent months.  I assume this has something to do with the fact that she's still stuck in our room in a pack-n-play due to the home renovation process.  She's learned that mom is right there, and she may as well wake up every 2 hours all night long to snack away.  I can' remember the last time I got a stretch of sleep longer than 2 hours, but it won't last forever, and every morning when she's snuck into my bed and chattering happily while playing with her toes I tell her it's a good thing she's so adorable or I might be less tolerant of this whole no sleeping thing.

At her 6 month check up she was weighing in at 16lbs 8oz and 27 inches long.  Placing her in the perfectly plump and juicy percentile--She's my chubbiest baby, and I just love it!

Junie is adored by all in the house, and loves to cuddle with anyone who is willing--and typically there's always someone available.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers